Saturday, February 7, 2015

My Little Girl's Birthday

My daughter celebrated her birthday all week.  First there was dinner last weekend with extended family, then dinner on her actual birthday with just our family then today was the birthday party with school friends.
By request of the birthday girl, the theme was My Little Pony.  Here's some pictures of the birthday party fun.

I got the idea to decorate old fashioned soda bottles from a mom in the neighborhood.   When I went over to her home for a visit, she showed me what she had done to get ready for her daughter's birthday.  I was totally thrilled and copied her soda bottle idea.  LOVE the Bow Builder Punch! (item 1374140  (just a hint, when you buy the punch, you should buy some glue dots as they work great to assemble the punched out pieces)
I custom ordered a cake to go with the My Little Pony theme.  My daughter loved it. 


I made a fruit platter and tried to make it a rainbow to go with the party theme.  (thanks pintrest for the idea!)


One of the party activities was crafts (of course!  what else do you do with little girls!?)  Lucky for me I hadn't yet broken open My January Paper Pumpkin.  It was perfect!  There was enough supplies for each of the girls to make 3 little decorated treat bags. (The only preparation needed from me was to separate out the supplies for each child)
So easy!  I love My Paper Pumpkin Kits!


Did you know that My Little Ponies have identifying features called "cutie marks" on their hinds? 
When the girls finished their crafts I gave them each glitter cutie marks on their arms.  I used a piece of cardstock that had a heart shaped hole punched out as a mask on their arm.  Then I spread dazzling details glitter on and then sprinkled the fine silver stampin' glitter on top.  It was like a little tattoo. 


Of course we can't forget the loot bags.  I put the soda pops, a My Little Pony figurine and a menchies gift card inside a cellophane bag.  Tied it with some satin ribbon and stamped a little tag.  

The gift card holder was made using whisper white cardstock and the envelope punch board.  
I stamped the whisper white cardstock with the dot from the Work of Art stamp set in rainbow colours. 


So ends my daughter's birthday week!  As soon as the last party guest left today, my youngest son (who's birthday is in March) was asking if we could start planning his party now!  Sure.  Why not?
Want to get some supplies to make your party favours and decorations easy? Shop now on my online store! 

No comments:

Post a Comment